Low fat!? Get me some of that!

I'm talking about the packaging!


This Image kinda sums up what I am going to talk about.

Packaging is a key part to the success of a product, I understand that. But what gets me is all of the claims that the product makes; so all we will see is that it is low fat, or no added sugar. But we need to stop and think why!? how can this be!
They never tell us why its low fat or sugar free, and these are the points that are potentially harmful. if you have read my post on artificial sweeteners then  you'll know what I'm talking about.
If not; Click Here :)

I really do think that the advertisers play on our kind of....unawareness of how these products are made. Because unless you are obsessed with weird things like this (like me!) You won't know what is in your zero calorie drink.
And I think its unfair that they are allowed to do this, in a way, they are happy with us consuming artificial goodies and not knowing the long term affects, I mean, you would think that they would want to educate us and tell us what exactly is in our fat free yoghurt! But Noooo

I suppose that's why ranters like me are here.......

To tell you!

What I'm saying is that we should take the claims that the packaging is making; with a pinch of salt.

Because there are so many alternative products, that do not make the claims, and are basically the same product for half the price!
For example, I was reading some 'Healthy Living' Bran flakes which were around £2.50 for the box, and then I read the value bran flakes, and they had the exact same description, nutritional values and ingredients!! and were only about £1.70. It just shows how the branding and packaging sells, because I'm sure that most of us would have chosen the healthy living bran flakes over the value ones, purely based on the appearance of the product.


Another product that is a good example of misleading packaging is granola bars!
Look at this:
I see organic: great!
I see the name, sounds healthy
The box makes me think that its a really nutritious snack!
Now I must first admit, I love a good granola bar every now and again, but they just aren't as healthy as we think they are. Made with heaps of sugar and butter to act as the glue to keep all the yummy oats together.....

Another is kids cereals!

Look how happy that tiger is! It makes me want to buy it.
Especially little kids too and the advertising that the company does will convince the adult. I'm sure you have seen the amount of sports events and swimming vouchers and coupons...ect...that Kellogs have been advertising on their cereals; this automatically causes us to make a connection between their cereals and healthy living......which in some cases isn't entirely true!


But I could really go on and on and on and on...about this topic, but ill give you a rest, until next time!!

just something to think about

Laura
x





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Watch this space!

About Me

Ambitious 19 year old who is Curious about anything and everything...

About

Follow on Bloglovin