Is it really worth the money 2!

Milk is on my mind this week.
I'm talking about Cravendale!
Why is it so expensive?

There is an explanation...I promise!
I had a lecture on microbiology, and we got on to pasteurization of milk. But cravendale is special...So I treated myself to some!
Here it is, Looking proud on my desk:



So why did this cost me £1.88?!
Its called filtering!

Pasteurization aims to kill most of the bacteria in the milk: its treated at 75 degrees for 15 seconds, a very simple process, but this also kills some of the creaminess proteins, hence why milk that has only been pasteurized will never be as creamy as untreated milk.
But! Cravendale is different: 
Cravendale PurFiltre was produced exclusively Very Special.......It involves a special filtration process that allows all nutrients to be filtered while removing bacteria that cause the milk to turn sour....So this is why Cravendale normally has an extended lifetime. 
I bought this milk from Morrisons last Monday so its already been a whole week. The best before is the 12th March! Now I just went to....Cough*Poundland*Cough and bought semi-skimmed made by Robert Wisemans Dairies, and its best before is the 6th of march! so not only did I buy the Cravendale a week ago but it lasts a whole 6 days longer than the milk I got today! And for skimmed milk, it was rather creamy!

So my conclusion is: I think it is worth the money. it tastes better, and it lasts longer. So a big thumbs up from me!

Have you tried it?

Laura
x



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Watch this space!

About Me

Ambitious 19 year old who is Curious about anything and everything...

About

Follow on Bloglovin