Food for my Mood

You always watch these weight loss programmes, and they show how sluggish and lazy the person is........
It's because of their diet!

I remember reading an article once in a magazine, where I think it was Jamelia, she said that she juiced a whole bag of brussels....and she could literally feel the whites of her eyes brightening! (I tried this, and it was...pretty minging! But I definitely felt healthy!)
But she had a valid point really, because I kind of believe in we are what we eat to a certain extent: As in we feel how we eat kind of thing.


So why do we feel rubbish after eating fatty, unhealthy foods?

The main point is that most of the processed, fast foods that we consume contain little or no nutrients what so ever!
Here is an example: 

Here is the nutritional info for a McDonald's BigMac burger: the first thing I notice is the lack of Vitamin A and C, which are pretty important vitamins; But it is beneficial by providing you with 25% of your daily iron, and 30% of calcium. But this is not a reason to be consuming this! it has 34g of fat!! this might give your tummy a bit of a shock and cause the annoying symptoms, like acid reflux and heart burn; not forgetting being bloated!

Where as if you were to eat something like a beef and vegetable stir-fry, this would contain about 5X the amount of vitamins than a BigMac and probably half the fat, at least!
so you wouldn't feel Bloated or sluggish in fact, quite the opposite. 
Here is a link to some posts I have written on the importance of different Vitamins! Immune system Healthy Skin 

Its short. I know!
But I will write some more specific posts of food for my mood! so keep an eye out.

But if you suffer from digestive problems or you just feel sluggish quite a lot of the time: Check your diet, you may be missing something.

Laura

x






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Watch this space!

About Me

Ambitious 19 year old who is Curious about anything and everything...

About

Follow on Bloglovin