Aloe Vera Juice....

I had heard a lot about Aloe vera juices, and different products like these; But they alwayds seemed a little over-priced to me.

So I was shopping in...a cheap shop! no other way to say it (student budget and all) and I came across this!
Image from google

For only £3.99! Bargain, as I looked it up online and they were in the region on £6. So i had to treat myself

What does it 'do'?
Google....

Some websites refer to this as a 'Miracle Juice' Sounds impressive!
Apparently aids in:
  • Weight Loss
  • Digestion
  • Immune function
  • Easing digestive discomfort
  • And many, many more!
So what does aloe vera juice contain that can aid these effects?
Boring stuff!!
"Aloe is about 99% water, the remaining 1% is extremely powerful and it is thought this is because the close to 100 ingredients work extremely well together (synergistically). The ingredients in Aloe can be grouped into the following categories: Vitamins, Minerals, Sugars, Enzymes, Lignins, Amino Acids, Anthraquinones, Saponins, Fatty Acids, Salicylic Acid"

So in General, With all of these ingredients, its inevitable that it will help fight many known conditions, we know that Aloe Vera is excellent for skin care, inflammation and other visable problems. 
But all the research....hmm....all of the research? From all of my digging into the Aloe Vera claims, there seems so be very little scientific evidence to back up these claims of helping with internal functions; But, Nonetheless, Its packed full on 'good stuff' and unless there is evidence to prove otherwise. I would probably continue drinking it myself, and for £3.99! I won't say no...


BUT WAIT!

I have found a website that shows the research done showing that when rats were given whole leaf extract, Carcinogenic activity was found with relation to tumors found in the large intestine.

But its all a bit unclear, As this study was not carried out in humans, and there is no evidence to show that we would have the same effect!
Just thought I would add that in for a dramatic twist....
But its not all that dramatic unless the test was done on us!

So. What do you think?

I have been taking it for around a week....I cant say I feel any differences but these things take time!

Laura
x




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Watch this space!

About Me

Ambitious 19 year old who is Curious about anything and everything...

About

Follow on Bloglovin