Alcohol, Why I may be getting a 'beer belly'!

Being at Uni has its benefits, and it's Drawbacks, and alcohol consumption is definitely something that I have dramatically increased!!
I'm not saying that It is mandatory to drink so much, but I have given in to the pressures of...FUN!

But anyway, What I am going to answer is 'Why is alcohol so helpful in making us pile on the pounds?'

I'm not doing myself any favours with this photo!!

Now for the science......
Ive read in loads of places that alcohol will block fat metabolism, so it reduces our ability to breakdown fats and use them as energy,
so when we drink, the body converts the alcohol into acetate A.K.A Vinegar! and this is burned by your body first; superior to any other calorie that you have eaten/drank...so if you have consumed a full roast dinner and guzzled half a bottle of wine along with that, the calories from the food will be burned after the calories from the alcohol, so the roast dinner calories are in effect; excess calories, so they are stored = Fat

So along with our reduced efficiency of breaking down fats, the alcohol calories are the ones fueling that grooving on the dance floor (not the food calories)...so It's no wonder I have been gaining weight!

So...everything in moderation!

I would go into the damage it does to the liver, and brain cells...
But ill leave that for another blog post!!

Laura
x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Watch this space!

About Me

Ambitious 19 year old who is Curious about anything and everything...

About

Follow on Bloglovin