Body Image

I don't often post 'opinionated' things,
But I just had too! (On something that has probably been said 1000 times!)

I had already been thinking about body image this morning when I was watching TV and all of the clothing adverts and thinking 'Wow, those clothes are lovely, but i'm 2 dress sizes bigger than the model wearing them'
We automatically compare ourselves. Ill be the first one to admit it! I just can't switch off.
And then I stumbled upon this post feed by 'My Fitness Pal' which is actually an excellent calorie counting mobile app....well probably as good as they get!

It made me smile to see that some people posted a natural beautiful looking woman. But it was the men that surprised me! They are posting buff, shiny men, which in no way are 100% natural! They get to where they are through hard work....and supplementation.
People are aspiring to be like someone who isn't...Natural (But I admit...look good...Hmmm...Controversial!)

SO
My question is 
"Why are we NEVER happy with ourselves?"

A few years ago I was somewhat...actually, ALOT slimmer than I am now
But I still wasn't happy!
Because when I got the weight down, it became something else...The Tan, the Hair...there is always going to be something that we are not happy with.
Because we compare ourselves to what we see from the media, not our friends, family and your everyday person!

So...now I have ranted, I am not really sure where I am going with this!

But I can't wait for the day we see people like me and you in shop windows and advertising 

Also thank you if you persisted through this whole blog post. 
I feel lighter now I have written my rant down!

Laura
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Watch this space!

About Me

Ambitious 19 year old who is Curious about anything and everything...

About

Follow on Bloglovin