"Energy" Drinks.......

If it was up to me I would call them: 'you will never believe how much sugar is inside me' Drinks

But you probably know that anyway; how else would you be gaining so much energy from 250ml?
What annoys me about these things is that people drink them like water these days, they were designed to give you a huge burst of short energy...but you can get this from healthy foods. But I understand the convenience of just downing this weird, but oh so nice tasting drink; and I fell like a 2 year old who has just eaten blue Smarties. 

Today I am going to pick on 'Monster'
It has L-Carnitine, Taurine, Ginseng and B vitamins. I know right. WHAT? 
I must admit I have never heard of L-carnitine before, so what is it?!
Wikipedia.......
okay! So basically its used to produce energy in the cells of our bodies (we produce it naturally anyway in our liver...) So why are they advertising it in their drinks as if it is supposed to make sense to us!
They do it so people go 'oooh, that sounds good' I know I did when I first read it...But in actual fact you probably get enough of L-Carnitine in your diet, you just didn't know it...its found in...Beef, Pork, Eggs, Asparagus, cod...the list goes on. 
If you really fancy some L-carnitine Have an advocado; not a monster energy drink...
What is Taurine!? 
An organic acid apparently; Which we need to develop our nervous system, heart and other important stuff. It is found naturally in loads of different foods especially meat and seafoods...soooo...again, we get these fancy things from our diet, of food, no energy drinks needed!

But, have a read of this:
A review published in 2008 found no documented reports of negative or positive health effects associated with the amount of taurine used in energy drinks, concluding that "The amounts of guarana, taurine, and ginseng found in popular energy drinks are far below the amounts expected to deliver either therapeutic benefits or adverse events"

So they are pointless, they are just selling points that make them sound fancy and healthy. But, its a load of red BULL!....

And if your really feeling tired and want a boost, how about a lovely banana or an apple. Seriously, a healthy diet is key for feeling energized.

Try it.


Laura
x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Watch this space!

About Me

Ambitious 19 year old who is Curious about anything and everything...

About

Follow on Bloglovin